Function of the Body:
- The study of the normal changes and activities which go on in living beings is known as physiology.
- The body consists of distinct parts such as the heart, the lungs, kidneys, etc which carry on the special kinds of work.
- Such a distinct part is called an organ and its special work is called a'function.
- The essential functions of life such as respiration, circulation, digestion, excretion, etc., are carried on by a set of organs of closely related parts that form a system'.
- (i.n.) The digestive system which includes the mouth, the gullet, the stomach, the liver, the pancreas and in testines.
- The Cells, which compose the tissues of the body, are continually undergoing changes and become worn out. Dying and being replaced.
- During its life a cell under goes change and gives off carbondioxide and other waste products and has to be supplied with food and oxygen.
- Furthermore, the various chemical substances that make the living body are continually.
- Being used up and have to be replaced by food and fluid taken into the body.
Tags: Body function, Medical tips, Full body check up, Medical check up, Function of Body, Online Medicene